I started babysitting for a family just over 12 years ago....(Yes, I was only 10...almost 11). They had a 1 year old little girl, Bailey. Being 10 years old and thinking Bailey was the cutest little girl and Dawni was the coolest Mom, I just started hanging out over there ALOT. I am sure it was annoying, it had to be, but I loved them. They treated me so well, Dawni always treated me as an adult and valued my opinions. Bailey is now a teenager, 13 years old, smart (and a smarty), and growing up way too fast. They were finally able to adopt two half brothers Levi turned 2 in July and Rory is now 11 months. I hadn't seen them in a while so we stopped by to say hello for Dawni's birthday today. The boys are so cute, and again growing up fast! I hardly get up to see them these days and so they change so much in between visits. I didn't get a picture of Bailey, but I got some of Rory and Levi.
This is Rory. He really liked my necklace. He is 1/2 African American...he has a blond fro and bright blue eyes! He is a sweetheart!
It is hard to see how blond his hair is because we were inside.
This is little Levi. He is tiny. He is 15 months older than Rory, but Rory has 3 whole pounds on him. He is very cute and when we left was screaming "love you, bye!" over and over as he blew us kisses!
This is Rory. He really liked my necklace. He is 1/2 African American...he has a blond fro and bright blue eyes! He is a sweetheart!
It is hard to see how blond his hair is because we were inside.
This is little Levi. He is tiny. He is 15 months older than Rory, but Rory has 3 whole pounds on him. He is very cute and when we left was screaming "love you, bye!" over and over as he blew us kisses!I am so grateful for my adopted family and have enjoyed their adoption adventures as well. There is something about adoption...I can't explain it, but there is a special spirit with it. Levi having been raised for 7 months with his birth Mom, wasn't a happy guy when he got to the Benson home. It was hard to get him to smile and react, now he is such a happy boy! Fun to see him change. :) Anyway, thanks for reading.



2 comments:
They are cute little guys. It was fun to see them and their totally different personalities!
Hey Brook! Glad to hear from you, and I'm glad student teaching us good for you too. Where are you at again?
Post a Comment