Well, I arrived in Boston a few hours before my flight. I worked it out so I could get all my bags home by mailing some and checking others so all I had was a carry on. Then, I thought, "What the heck, I am going to go check out Boston!" I wasn't too scared...just a little nervous on how I would get back and if I would make it back in time for my flight. I decided I would just go for a few hours and leave extra early to get on the plane. Well, I jumped on the silver line and went to the end of that and some guy told me to jump on the in bound red line...so I did and then I just randomly got off. I ended up here...

I went into the building and looked around and found nothing. I was in some kind of a park and there were all these squirrels running around so I watched them for a minute. There was some amish thing that I watched...and then I started walking towards the streets.
I heard someone say, "Is this part of the Freedom Trail too?" and they pointed to some bricks on the ground. I had heard that if you followed Freedom Trail, you could see Boston in a day. So, I started following these bricks along the streets of Boston and I soon came to this...
It was a really old cool looking cemetary. I started looking around and I saw this first...
The headstone of Samuel Adams!
I kept looking around. These headstones were so interesting to me. I was just amazed at reading the dates and looking at their structures. They were cool looking. (I have a weird thing for old cemetary's lately.)
Then, I run into Paul Revere...what?!? This was so cool.
Another view of the cemetary.
I kept following along and I soon came to Old City Hall. It was beautiful. Unfortunitly, they have turned the inside to a very nice expensive resturant, so there wasn't anything you could really look at here. I went up the stairs and looked at some writing on the walls...I guess I didn't take any pictures...oops! I really wanted to go in though.
After that, I came to a really old church. It was really busy though and it was hard to get to so I didn't go in. I went around and looked in some shops and then just walked the streets. I didn't want to get too far away and my bag was killing my shoulder. Plus, I did start to get scared as it was getting cloudy and dark and people started looking scary to me...I thought it was time to get off the streets. I went back to the park and just sat and watched the birds and people.
I heard someone say, "Is this part of the Freedom Trail too?" and they pointed to some bricks on the ground. I had heard that if you followed Freedom Trail, you could see Boston in a day. So, I started following these bricks along the streets of Boston and I soon came to this...
It was a really old cool looking cemetary. I started looking around and I saw this first...
The headstone of Samuel Adams!
I kept looking around. These headstones were so interesting to me. I was just amazed at reading the dates and looking at their structures. They were cool looking. (I have a weird thing for old cemetary's lately.)
Then, I run into Paul Revere...what?!? This was so cool.
Another view of the cemetary.
I kept following along and I soon came to Old City Hall. It was beautiful. Unfortunitly, they have turned the inside to a very nice expensive resturant, so there wasn't anything you could really look at here. I went up the stairs and looked at some writing on the walls...I guess I didn't take any pictures...oops! I really wanted to go in though.

Then, my niece Amelia called me. While I was talking to her, I took a picture of myself...I was trying to get the buildings in the background so I could remember my few hours out on the streets of Boston. I had alot of fun...I really want to go back and really see the whole city. :) It was after I was almost to the airport that I got a phone call from my Mom saying my plane had been delayed. I could have stayed out longer...but I don't know if I really would have wanted to with the given situation of a girl, alone, with crazy people, with darkness and rain.



3 comments:
Wow! How cool that you got to see that cemetary! I like old cemetaries too, you're not alone there.
That sounds like such an awesome adventure! I am so jealous!
Boston is probably one of my top 5 favorite cities that I have ever visited. The Freedom Trail was AMAZING! We spent probably 4-5 hours on it, and didn't even get all the way finished! But it was totally amazing! I'm glad you got to see some of Boston! And I hope you get to go back and see more of it! For that matter, I hope I get to go back and see it again, a little longer trip! (mine was too short! Only 3 days!) Fun, fun!
Post a Comment