WOW! I can't believe that I have internet! This is a very rare occation, let me assure you! I wish that I had some pictures of this BEAUTIFUL state to share with you but I don't. So, if you decided to read about it...good for you! I am on my first day off...the last time I have off before the kids get here on Sunday. I am enjoying it...but it is becoming culture shock. I feel like I have been here forever, and the longer I am here, the more comfortable people are getting, which means the more they use harsh language...and the language gets harsher. I can't believe how addicted to alcohol people are...it is like water here I swear. People are just dying to get ahold of some. Under aged drinking is very popular when they can get it! BUT, as for this beautiful state...it is full of thick forests, big and beautiful green trees everywhere. I am on the beach right now and I saw a gorgeous orange full moon. I love the wide variety of looks of this state. We have had mostly rain, which I hope doesn't continue. But, the first few days I was here, it was that perfect weather where you never feel cold or hot! I loved it! This post is very random and I am so sorry about that! I just have so much to say and no time to organize my thoughts...just get them out here. I also got out of my comfort zone today. I climbed up 30 feet to a 1 by 2 foot plank and jumped for a trapeze bar that was 7 feet out and 1 foot up. I didn't make it, but that was a very scary jump for me. Especially since it was turning into an injury day. :) Um...again, lots of thoughts here. I hope you are all enjoying yourselves. Hopefully one time this summer I will be able to post pictures, otherwise be waiting for post overload at the end of August! I love you all!
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
That sounds like my kind of day at the beach. Blogging and sitting on the sand. Well I hope you don't pick up any bad habbits while you are out there. Talk to you again soon. KEEP TEXTING!
Love Ya!
Brooke, I am so glad that you are enjoying such a beautiful state. I want to go there so bad! One day! About the drinking and swearing, that is how I felt in Virginia. I could not believe how the intelligent, wonderful people I worked with drank every weekend, and talked about their drinking! It was so crazy! Just keep your standards high, and people really will respect you so much. They will realize you don't like the language and drinking talk, and won't do it around you (at least if they're decent people, I guess!). You can really have the opportunity to bless the lives of those around you. On my mission, those were the people who were the most receptive to the gospel, because they KNEW that they were lacking something! You will be great! I love you, and know you will be such a good counselor!
Post a Comment