So, I have been spending A LOT of time searching for a summer job. No, I am not going to Las Vegas anymore...I got rid of that plan. I decided that I would love to go and nanny somewhere. So, I signed up online for a couple of nanny services and I realized that there aren't that many nanny jobs just for the summer. I was sad and disappointed, but decided I was going to do all I could to get a job somewhere with some family. I started messaging every family that wanted just a temporary summer nanny. There were some that were more appealing than others, but I wanted to keep my options open. Wednesday as I was searching, I found one in Maine that sounded awesome. It was for some assistant camp directors who needed a nanny up at camp with them. You were supposed to apply online with their normal camp staff application and so while I was at it, I applied for the nanny job plus a few camp jobs that I was interested in...just in case and still wanting to keep my options open. Well, the guy called me the next day and talked to me about a few things and it got me very excited. Although for now, I am still keeping my options open, I think there is a lot of potential here. He wants his wife to also talk to me, so she is going to call me on Tuesday! I have always wanted to go to Maine, and be a nanny, and go to summer camp...just never thought it could all happen at once! I will keep you posted! You can check out the camp website at: http://www.kampkohut.com/ it looks way cool to me!
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Brooke! That would be so fun! What an awesome experience for you. I hope it all works out. I will be out in Boston for the summer and I have always wanted to go to Maine to so I'm sure we'll be able to make a trip up there sometime. That would be sweet if we could get together. How exciting for you!
ooo fun! that's sounds adventurous. you'll have to let me know if it all goes through! and yes we should get together and talk. i never see you!
Post a Comment