Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My Next Adventure...

I AM GOING TO MEXICO AGAIN FOR SPRING BREAK!!! This time it is going to be a little bit different. It all started with two guys that went with me in December. The Spring Break group that goes with the school is already full and we wanted to go. So, we got together a small group of people, some that went in December and then those who wish they would have been able to go and we are all going together! Dave, the one who started this whole thing, has found an awesome place to go. It is in the state of Chihuahua and the city we are going to is called Colonia Juarez. It turns out that it is a very historical place for both Mexico and the LDS church. We are in contact with a Bishop and his wife who are giving us a place to stay and giving us ideas for some service projects. This place also has some awesome mountains and a temple. So, hopefully we will be able to do some tourist things as well. It looks like an awesome place and I am so excited!

This is the temple there. It was built as one of the smaller temples and it is the smallest temple right now.

This is the school run by the LDS church. It is grades 7-12...it looks beautiful to me. We will probably teach English here...although I think this place has alot of "gringos"...so I wonder how many already know English. It will be interesting to find out about this place!

3 comments:

The Olsons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Olsons said...

HOW FUN! I want to go too! You are so lucky! Have so much fun! I tried to look it up on google earth but they don't have a real crisp image of the town, just a corner of it, but saw a few photos that were downloaded to google earth. I'm so excited for you!

Tanya Rachell said...

YAY! You are going to have such a wonderful time!