On Saturday, October 27th, it was Make a Difference Day! Shannon and Brad from our service and learning group put on a 5k fun run/2k walk. We all made rocks with different names on them representing soldiers currently serving in Iraq. We ran with those rocks in hand to support our soldiers because they ROCK! We made a pile at the end with all their names in it. Afterwards, we had a small program with an awesome speaker. We also signed banners, signed Christmas Cards, and made care packages. It was an awesome experience!
Jordan, Alyssa, and I before the race!
Beau and Marianne getting the popcorn ready for the participants.
Megan signing the banners!
The starting line!
Whit and Ang
Jordan and Alyssa!
Our Leader Pam crossing the finish line!
I walked for/with Daniel
Our rock pile at the end!
I'm proud to be an American!
The group at the very end!
Brad, Dan, Jason and Girlfriend, Brock, Ean, Emily, Pam, Marianne, Shannon, Mat, Kim, Kelsey, Brooke, Jordan, Alyssa, and CJ



1 comments:
Awesome Brooke! I was going to run a 5K this year and never did. Maybe next year. You're looking awesome by the way, keep it up!
The pile of rocks look like huge rocks with graffiti on them.
Post a Comment