Thursday, April 2, 2009

I'm a teacher...

As I was teaching Math today, it suddenly hit me that I am a teacher. I had to stop for a second and look around. It was wierd to me that I had my own classroom and I felt like I was just in a dream. It wasn't necessarily the best of days, but I felt more like a teacher than I have before in first grade. Many days I feel like my days are just so routine and boring for me even. I try to spice things up and make things fun, but we are really just trying to get kids into the routine of school work and drill basic concepts. We learned ALOT today though and the kids even noticed. I love my job...sometimes I think it is the worst job in the world, but it sure is rewarding and there is nothing I would rather be doing. No matter how much I try to explain it to people, unless you are a teacher, or live with a teacher, you will NEVER know how much work it is...even I couldn't have imagined...and I thought I knew how much work it would be when I was student teaching...it is your LIFE! This post is kinda everywhere. But, I just wanted to say that I AM A TEACHER, it's not a dream, it's reality...and I just realized this today! :)

Love,
MISS STRONG

2 comments:

Jason and Britney said...

I love my teacher helper job! I like to do the fun stuff for you, that probably isn't fun now that you HAVE to do it. You do work very hard, and I am so proud of my Brookie!

The Olsons said...

Wow, Brookie! You're right, you are a teacher, it's probably wierd because you thought this day would never come. And sometimes I can't even believe you're a TEACHER! But it's something you've always been good at.

Sometimes I'll be sitting down with Dan and I'll look at him and say "We have kids!" It's wierd and sometimes I say, "We got married" Probably because I never thought I would marry anyone from High School. So it's wierd to think back and think what has become of your life. But isn't it great? I think it is!