Sunday, February 8, 2009

Who does eat grass???

So, more kid stories. Anyway, we do take home books and everyday we go to the take home library and exchange it for a new book on their level. We are supposed to encourage them to find their missing books, but we really can't do much about it because we are a low income school. So, for the three in my class, I just say, "Have you found the book _________ yet?" And they say no and move on. Well this happens everyday for the past month and now they all know what book they are missing and they tell me before I even look at them and say a word. Well, we get to the last girl that I need to check out, and this is what she says...

Student: I know, I know, Who eats grass.

Teacher: Good, you still remember!

Student (She's getting really huffy!): Except, I have never had that book! I don't even know who eats grass! If I read that book, I WOULD KNOW!! (She exits the room)

Teacher: (I just smiled and bust a gust with the rest of the adults in the room.)

I thought it was funny...but you may of had to be there to listen to her get all mad and huffy.

2 comments:

Ferrill said...

Oh my goodness! Too cute! Alex was especially good at losing those take-home books. We would eventually find them, in the weirdest places, of course!

Jason and Britney said...

You are going to miss out on a lot of funny little things today while you are at your "RETREAT". What will you have to blog about?