As we were doing a little Abe Lincoln art project, I was listening in on this conversation:
Student 1: I wonder why he always wears that big black hat?!?
Student 2: It's because he keeps all of his important papers in there. If he ever takes them out, someone will find them, so it always stays on his head.
Student 3: Actually, it's because he doesn't want anyone to see his baldness! That man was bald, just like my Grandpa! My Grandpa always wears a hat so no one will know that he is bald.
-------------------------------------------------
I was talking about why we didn't have school on Monday. We had talked about Lincoln being on the penny and then I explained a little bit about George Washington and showed them how he is on the dollar. A little girl sat up straight and tall and shouted out, "So, which one is George Bush on?!?!?"
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Kids on President Lincoln
Posted by Brookie at Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment