Saturday, January 31, 2009

Kids say the cutest things!

Oh my job! I love it because I get to listen to the funniest 6 year olds in the world! Sometimes it is hard to be serious and follow through when someone says something you just weren't expecting. Here are some funny situations that have happend this last week:

*I was trying to explain a question asked in math. It was a fair question, but the only way I could think of to explain why was through things they hadn't learned yet. I didn't know what to say and I started a few sentences, but didn't finish them. Finally, the boy that asked the question says, "Teacher, just stop. You're going to confuse everybody. You're not confusing me of course, but you are going to confuse everyone else!" I just started to laugh because he was sure he was following my incomplete sentences. I never knew first grade math could be so hard to explain!

*We celebrate 100's day the other day for the 100th day of school. We were doing all kinds of things in 100's. How much trash can you pick up in 100 seconds? Can we read 100 books? And then we ate 100 apple slices! This was the kid's favorite. They each got 4-5 apple slices and they were in heaven. They were sad when the apple slices were all gone. I told them, "We only have 100 apple slices because it is the 100th day of school." A little boy on the front row perked up and said, "So when do we get to have 200 day?"

*I took the kids outside to take a picture of a project we did. Then, when we got back to the classroom, one of my cute little girls in her cute grown up voice and words says, "I noticed as we passed the kindergarten room that they are watching a movie called, "Free Willey." I was thinking we should see if we could find it on our T.V. because it is a cute movie. Everyone should have a chance to see it." Everytime she opens her mouth, there is a good chance I will laugh.

*I have a really funny girl who doesn't speak much English. A few weeks ago during the spelling test, she had no idea what word I was saying. So, she looked up at the alphabet (My alphabet has the letter, a picture, and the word) and said, "Sun....s...u...n.." I smiled because she was trying, and I was glad that she could recognize those letters, and I just thought it was cute. She is super hard and way too loud...but so super cute! I am happy to report that we have been working on spelling words more and she is getting good and rocognizing each sound and spelling those words! She has done much better and I am just so proud.

Well, there it is. I think the 200 day is my favorite! I hope at least one of them made you smile!

4 comments:

Jerbabe said...

I love your class stories. Some days you are like a proud mama.

The Olsons said...

My favorite one is when you are trying to explain Math, but you were just confusing everyone instead. That is pretty funny!

Melissa Ash said...

Oh, I miss being in the classroom! I love all these stories! They are all so perfect! I never worked with such little kids, but you brought back great memories! Thank you! And, I bet you are a wonderful teacher!

Shannon said...

Your stories are precious! I love to listen to children read scriptures - for the difficult words they seem to substitute a word they think it is and continue on with the verse but with the new word it makes the sentence completely different - sooo cute!