Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's official!

I am the new first grade teacher! The teacher I am replacing went into labor this morning a week and a half early. I finished my student teaching today too. So, I am starting tomorrow because they couldn't find a sub. Then, I officially start on Monday. I am in shock. I am very stressed out though. My room is disorganized and filled with her things. I haven't had a chance to talk with her and I am not sure what is going on. I am hoping to be able to get organized and get things on the road soon! I hope I can get it all under control! :)

6 comments:

David and Tia Palmer said...

Brookie Su! CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you! You'll do so great-I just know it! That is one lucky little class. I just wish we still lived up there so you could teach my kiddos!
I just wanted to apologize A LOT for not getting anything sent to you for your birthday. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY from the Palmers! We've had alot going on-but I know that's no excuse to forget. We are so sorry. Hope it was a fun day though, -and good luck with this new adventure! Love you-The Palmers

Tanya Rachell said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you! You are going to do great!
<3 Ya tons!

Christy said...

that is awesome! you'll be an awesome teacher! Don't worry you will get everything under control just fine! Good Luck!

Strong said...

Congrats!!!! What school are you going to be teaching at?

Sam and Mandy Noel said...

Congrats! You are going to love it! Good luck! I know how you feel about not knowing what you're doing. The teacher I teach with went into labor 3 weeks early and we were so not expecting it. I wasn't ready at all! So I got her class now too (its only 19 students with our classes combined) and it was crazy getting used to it. But things work out.

Julie said...

YEA!!! Good Job! I envy the patience you have to teach 1st graders! I still remember my 1st grade teacher! You'll be GREAT and I'm sure a lot of your students will remember you too!