Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I'm 22...but still enjoy the ZOO!

Well, I found out that my friend Kailee is also home being a bum right now. She just graduated and is looking for a dental hygiene job and I am waiting to go to Maine. So, we decided that we should go to the zoo. I haven't been since I was around 12 or so and she hadn't been in a while either. We actually had a lot of fun. I think this was probably my favorite trip to the zoo ever!What you see is what you get here! The white alligator is one of only 10 in the world. They are all males...all brothers!
I really enjoyed the elephant exhibit. They were alot of fun to watch.
The mommy and her baby who was about 6 months old. We couldn't get that close to them.
He was a little angry...therefore, very entertaining!
Kailee testing to see how she measures up to her favorite primate.
I actually did drink, she just caught the moment I stopped.

We had to ride the train for old times sake. It had changed alot from when I had last been there (the whole zoo had changed alot!).
We also had to play in the gopher holes...
the eggs (these were hard to get into).
And the turtle (not so hard to get into...but it surprised me we could fit!)
This was at some Indian exibit.

3 comments:

The Olsons said...

How fun! I need to take my kids to the zoo again. We went there a couple years ago. I don't think the train ride has changed much in years though, has it. Other than that it has changed a lot over the years. How fun for you and Kailee!

Sam and Mandy Noel said...

I love the zoo! My family goes almost every year. Your pictures caught all the best stuff!

Strong said...

That looks like alot of fun! I need to take my kids to the zoo.