Friday, April 18, 2008

mEsQuItE!

Warm Weather and Cute Kids.....


We went to Mesquite this week with the block! It was much more fun than I could have ever imagined. The weather was okay...not as warm as I would have liked, but enough to catch a few rays. The schools were fun...such darling little kids. It was very diverse (which was the whole point of going down), and I fell more in love with these kids in a week than I did thw whole semester in Fiddlers. I really love my kids here in Cedar City...but I don't know what it was about these kids, they are awesome! I got to experience some first grade stuff...it was fun, but different. We would be so tired after school, but I couldn't pass up the fun! I enjoyed getting to know everyone in the block much better and come out of my shell a little bit. They probably noticed that I don't dance so well....that was like the most I have ever danced in my life. I didn't care, I was just going to go for it! Seriously, one of the best times of my college experience. I don't know if anyone else had as much fun as me...but it was great! So much fun! Isaac, Alejandro, Rylie, Maarie, Rosa, Raymundo, Jesse, Aaron, Kade, Beyonce, Miss Brooke, Kyle, Kylie, Rudy, Alexia, Ty, and Nathen. Missing from the picture is Genna...she was absent.
I thought this was such a cute picture with me and some of the girls. They wanted to take a picture of thier teacher with my camera and she suggested instead that they take a picture with me. Cute girls with really cute personalities.
Rylie, Rosa, Miss Brooke, Maarie, and Beyonce.

The twins! Rudy and Kylie. They are such sweethearts. Rosa was trying to give them bunny ears.Beautiful Beyonce...I wish I could have been with her more...she got sick for 2 of the days!
Nathen...I think he is so cute and so sweet.


We went bowling one night...we didn't do much of "crazy bowling" because we did "crazy dancing" But this is the little bit of crazy bowling that we did do. Here Jenna amazed us with her ability to strike, after spinning!



We found this River Lounge or something like that in the Casino. It was SO much fun. I felt bad because we kind of kicked the Senior Citizens off the floor (not really, but it felt like it with 20 of us and 8 of them....or whatever it was!) We had alot of fun being the only people under age 60 in the room....I don't think that place had ever got so much attention....we were some loud girls...and 2 boys. :)

5 comments:

The Olsons said...

How fun! It looks like you have a good time! Are you thinking you want to teach in Mesquite now?

Brookie said...

I honestly wouldn't mind it! The weather is great, the pay is great, and the kids and schools are great! My teacher makes over 70 thousand...teachers in Utah would never come close to that!

Sam and Mandy Noel said...

It was a great time! We had a blast. I love your pictures.

The Olsons said...

I was looking at these again, did you edit your post? There is that picture of you and all the kids. I can't believe you could remember all their names. That is the natural teacher in you I guess. There is no way I would be able to remember names like that.

Sam and Mandy Noel said...

Brooke. No problem that you stole those pics! I'm glad you got them. It was so sweet! Bummer about your flash being broken.