Tuesday, December 25, 2007

INDEPENDENCIA

Well, it's Christmas morning and needless to say it has been a very different Christmas this year! I mean, I am sure that not many people blog on Christmas, but I seriously have nothing else to do...everyone is just sitting here, my brother playing with his guitar, my Dad went for a ride and Mom just took a shower. Hopefully once all the kids come over things will get a little better and more "Christmas-y!" I just keep thinking about the people that we served in Independencia last week and I wonder how thier Christmas is playing out this morning. Wondering if they got their bonuses so that they could by their kids presents and if they are just as excited with their little stuffed animal as the child in the United States who just got their brand new Wii. Here are some of the highlights from the neighborhood.

The kids with no parents...or maybe they do actually have a Mom that they never see...we don't know what story to believe. Either way, they are amazing children to me.


Whatever it takes to build them a house...I thought it looked pretty cool.

Bringing the children toys!


This guys had nothing, but he made sure that we got to the people who really needed our help first.



I fell in love with this family. They have 4 beautiful little girls
and 2 cute boys. I wanted to bring that baby home!


Some of the houses we helped....talk about living in a cardboard box....
and building a house out of scraps?!?!?

0 comments: