I made it back from Mexico...but Grandma did end up passing away while I was gone. It was hard for me...but luckily I found out after everything for the day was done and I had just turned everybody over to free time so I could just let it out. We had just finished poolside when one of the girls came out and told me that my Mom was on the phone. I knew exactly what she was calling for so I ran as fast as I could inside to answer the phone. She told me that Grandma had passed away that morning peacefully in her sleep sleeping with my aunt in her bed. It was a great comfort to know that she passed away just like I had hoped for...however, I was sad that she didn't make it until Christmas. I admit it was a little selfish for me to think that, but at least I tell the truth. I came back outside giving some hugs to those who had somehow already heard the news...and then I went with the other leaders of the trip and had a ding dong and talked and laughed a little. I told them a little bit about my grandma and how proud I was of her. I got back yesterday with the regularly scheduled time. The viewing was today and it was hard, but I still don't think it has really hit me yet. I know tomorrow will be hard, but at least I will get to spend one last Christmas Eve with Grandma...just like she would have liked. She is an amazing lady...and I am not just saying that because she is my Grandma...if you only knew her, you would agree! I love you Grandma!
Here is a link to her obituary....
http://www.legacy.com/heraldextra/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=99975439
Sunday, December 23, 2007
Grandma Jane
Posted by Brookie at Sunday, December 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment