At least for now! I started this blog when I first went to Mexico 2 years ago! Now, four Mexico trips later, here I am with one last trip. Although I would love to go again, I am no longer a student at SUU and I have a job which the chances of me getting work off for another trip are very slim. It was nice to go one more time, knowing that it was my last time. I lived every moment. I enjoyed the people, the food, the enviroment, the scenery, and of course the service. My camera had broken and my replacement camera didn't end up working. Luckily, I found out on my way down so I was able to buy one disposible camera in Tuscan. Here are my pictures and of course I will get more from everyone else on the trip...and then we will really have a picture overload!
I love going to church in Mexico. It's so great to see how the church is still the same even in another language and country!
Kassandra and I. She is such a sweetheart.
My dear Karla. She is super crazy...I call her crazy Karla. Over the years, I have realized how naughty she really is, but I still love her. Even when she calls me bad names or gets mad at me for not giving her what she wants, I love her and wish I could do something more for her and her siblings. All of them have bad language and are crazy...I wish I could bring them home and give them the love and attention that they need.
Crazy Karla and I again
and again!
Little tiny Talia. She is so tiny and lovable! I just love her.
Alejandra is a major sweetheart! We had a great time dancing and playing in the sand. She is absolutely gorgeous and fun to be with. And, she is with crazy Karla again. :)
This is crazy Karla's little sister Mariana who is following in her steps. She is so loving and giving huge, sloppy, hard kisses on your cheek one minute and the hitting you and calling you a little bum and ugly the next minute. She is cute though, I love her.
Just over a year and a half ago, we put their trampoline in the ground to make it safe. It actually didn't work out for them because it rains so much that it would turn into a 4 foot swimming pool and super dangerous. So, this year when we went, we filled in the trampoline hole and it turned into a sand pile. They loved it! We had so much fun building with the perfect sand/dirt.
This was my last time at the orphange. Due to some miscommunication between the nuns, we ended up not getting along so much at the end. We decided to hurray and finish our projects and get out in hopes that they would let us come back. I didn't know it would be my last experience there and so I didn't really say good-bye, which was probably a good thing. The only child I could find was Talia. She was pouting in her room and so I pulled out a little horse play set that my mom had given me. She cheered right up and we had fun playing for a few minutes. One of the nuns came by while we were playing and I just said hello...she stood there and watched us play for a few minutes and then walked off. I later found out we couldn't find the kids because they were all locked up in their rooms until we had left. There were a few that snuck out and said good-bye. I felt bad that we had left on a bad note because that was not at all what we were there to do.
----------------------------------------------------------
We handed out clothes, toys, food, blankets and other supplies for a few days. This is always one of my favorite parts, but also a frustrating part. It is hard to tell sometimes who really needs what and usually those who don't really need it will chase us around and those that really need it will stay in their homes. You also have neighborhoods with mansions and shacks right next door to each other. And, you can't always tell the wealth of a person by their home either. Some people are really well off and live in a dumpy house because they already have a house and don't really think they need a new one. It is cool in a way to see their priorities. Anyway, the main point I am trying to get across here is that we try and find the people who need it the most, but it is hard sometimes.
Here was one place where we found some people who needed it. We saw this little girl walking across the street right in front of us in her barefeet. It was super touching and so we stopped. Again, it had a mix of people of who needed it and didn't, but this was my most memorable area.
Karrie handing out some beanie babies.
This little girl was a doll. Her hair hadn't been combed in like a year and her teeth had some problems, but she was so teeny tiny and adorable. It took a minute for her to warm up to me, but as soon as she did, she melted my heart. She wanted clothes so bad. She couldn't have been more than two, but she talked so well! She kept saying, "para mi, para mi, para mi" which means, "for me." She wanted more. She had so much in her hands, she put stuff in her mouth. Later, she made herself a pile and went back for some more. I just thought it was adorable because she didn't know any better. She made my year!
This was at a camp our reporter took us to. All these people just live in a big shed type thing. These kids just didn't know what to do and we had a hard time getting them to take anything. Until of course we took out the hannah montana things and then they all were going crazy!
This is a few of us with our lovely reporter Manuel. We met him a year ago on this trip. He asked us for a book of mormon and of course we gave him one. We found out this December that he was baptised 7 months ago. He is the nicest man ever...so willing to give. He likes to make or buy our group dinner because we do so much for so many others, he would love to do that for us. He put us in the newspaper and on T.V. If I get a copy, I will try and post it.
We always have to take a minute and visit the beaches for the beautiful sunsets. We always try to get their early enough to enjoy it before the sun goes down, but we get too caught up in our service and make it there right at sunset.
Alyssa and I lead the trip together last year. I couldn't lead this year because of where I was at in my schooling. Alyssa lead it again this year though and she did a great job!
This was at the beach in San Carlos. We usually go there on Sunday...the sun had kinda already set.
I love going to church in Mexico. It's so great to see how the church is still the same even in another language and country!----------------------------------------------------
The Orphanage
San Rancho Del Ninos
Kassandra and I. She is such a sweetheart.
My dear Karla. She is super crazy...I call her crazy Karla. Over the years, I have realized how naughty she really is, but I still love her. Even when she calls me bad names or gets mad at me for not giving her what she wants, I love her and wish I could do something more for her and her siblings. All of them have bad language and are crazy...I wish I could bring them home and give them the love and attention that they need.
Crazy Karla and I again
and again!
Little tiny Talia. She is so tiny and lovable! I just love her.
Alejandra is a major sweetheart! We had a great time dancing and playing in the sand. She is absolutely gorgeous and fun to be with. And, she is with crazy Karla again. :)
This is crazy Karla's little sister Mariana who is following in her steps. She is so loving and giving huge, sloppy, hard kisses on your cheek one minute and the hitting you and calling you a little bum and ugly the next minute. She is cute though, I love her.
Just over a year and a half ago, we put their trampoline in the ground to make it safe. It actually didn't work out for them because it rains so much that it would turn into a 4 foot swimming pool and super dangerous. So, this year when we went, we filled in the trampoline hole and it turned into a sand pile. They loved it! We had so much fun building with the perfect sand/dirt.
This was my last time at the orphange. Due to some miscommunication between the nuns, we ended up not getting along so much at the end. We decided to hurray and finish our projects and get out in hopes that they would let us come back. I didn't know it would be my last experience there and so I didn't really say good-bye, which was probably a good thing. The only child I could find was Talia. She was pouting in her room and so I pulled out a little horse play set that my mom had given me. She cheered right up and we had fun playing for a few minutes. One of the nuns came by while we were playing and I just said hello...she stood there and watched us play for a few minutes and then walked off. I later found out we couldn't find the kids because they were all locked up in their rooms until we had left. There were a few that snuck out and said good-bye. I felt bad that we had left on a bad note because that was not at all what we were there to do.
----------------------------------------------------------Visiting Neighborhoods
We handed out clothes, toys, food, blankets and other supplies for a few days. This is always one of my favorite parts, but also a frustrating part. It is hard to tell sometimes who really needs what and usually those who don't really need it will chase us around and those that really need it will stay in their homes. You also have neighborhoods with mansions and shacks right next door to each other. And, you can't always tell the wealth of a person by their home either. Some people are really well off and live in a dumpy house because they already have a house and don't really think they need a new one. It is cool in a way to see their priorities. Anyway, the main point I am trying to get across here is that we try and find the people who need it the most, but it is hard sometimes.
Here was one place where we found some people who needed it. We saw this little girl walking across the street right in front of us in her barefeet. It was super touching and so we stopped. Again, it had a mix of people of who needed it and didn't, but this was my most memorable area.
Karrie handing out some beanie babies.
This little girl was a doll. Her hair hadn't been combed in like a year and her teeth had some problems, but she was so teeny tiny and adorable. It took a minute for her to warm up to me, but as soon as she did, she melted my heart. She wanted clothes so bad. She couldn't have been more than two, but she talked so well! She kept saying, "para mi, para mi, para mi" which means, "for me." She wanted more. She had so much in her hands, she put stuff in her mouth. Later, she made herself a pile and went back for some more. I just thought it was adorable because she didn't know any better. She made my year!
This was at a camp our reporter took us to. All these people just live in a big shed type thing. These kids just didn't know what to do and we had a hard time getting them to take anything. Until of course we took out the hannah montana things and then they all were going crazy!
This is a few of us with our lovely reporter Manuel. We met him a year ago on this trip. He asked us for a book of mormon and of course we gave him one. We found out this December that he was baptised 7 months ago. He is the nicest man ever...so willing to give. He likes to make or buy our group dinner because we do so much for so many others, he would love to do that for us. He put us in the newspaper and on T.V. If I get a copy, I will try and post it. ----------------------------------------------------
La Playa!
We always have to take a minute and visit the beaches for the beautiful sunsets. We always try to get their early enough to enjoy it before the sun goes down, but we get too caught up in our service and make it there right at sunset.
Alyssa and I lead the trip together last year. I couldn't lead this year because of where I was at in my schooling. Alyssa lead it again this year though and she did a great job!
This was at the beach in San Carlos. We usually go there on Sunday...the sun had kinda already set.
Highlight of my trip....well at least the food part...okay, maybe just the drink part...but that is debatable too because the coke there is ultra good! Anyway, a very good part of my trip was when Ben, Alyssa, Brian and I ran to an orange juice stand and bought some orange juice. It was SO good. It is just like that comercial when they stick the straw right into the orange and drink it....only 10 times better. I was willing to take the chances of a parasite. SO GOOD!
-----------------------------------------
Well, there were my pictures...more will be here again! Because I just love it so much!
Merry Christmas to all!



2 comments:
I'm glad you're home! Sorry about all your camera problems, that sucks. Anyway, have I even seen you yet? Well Christmas Eve is just a few days away. Feel free to stop by anytime! Love yoU!
Would you have imagined when you were just a little beehive how many amazing experiences you would have in your life?!! It's just so much fun watching you really LIVE your life instead of just letting it pass you by. What a choice opportunity to be able to help others who really need help. And as for those who don't really need it, you'll be blessed anyway for giving it.
Post a Comment