Monday, June 29, 2009

My first Lake Powell adventure!

The Payson Singles ward had a super activity where we went to Lake Powell for a weekend! We invited the Santaquin singles branch to come along too and we had alot of stragglers who thought it sounded fun and joined in as well. It was my first time at Lake Powell and I fell in love. It was like ultimate relaxation for me. We were told we had to stay in our swimming suits all day because of the heat. So, we would just chill out side talking and then when we got hot, we would throw on our life jackets and float in the water or we would catch a boat. Eat some food, drink some gadorade, soak up the sun, laugh with friends, float, boat, repeat. Loved it! I love my ward...I am getting more and more sad to have to leave it. I forced myself to go for so many weeks because I didn't like it...but at least lessons were geared toward me and my age group unlike the home ward. Now, I have to leave, for a good cause, but it makes me sad. The ward changes so much already. Which has been nice because I have been there a year...and that makes me an "old timer" and very knowledgable about what is going on. It just worries me because who knows where my friends will be when I get back! Enjoy my picture overload. I am not that great at telling stories, so I just let the pictures tell you. I threw in a few videos...which might not be that entertaining, but then again, that is my blog! :)
Our carload down. The fabulous five...we do alot together. Josh, Me, Teryl. We sat in the back on the way up! Katie...we adore her. So, Katie gets really car sick! She was being SO funny when we stopped to eat. We were waiting and waiting for our food in this turquoise crazy place and she was starving! So, she is lying there with her head on the table and there is a dead silence when all of the sudden she says, "Well, at least we have pepper!" There was no salt, just pepper and they were taking forever. We thought it was so funny that we told her to use Josh's phone to update her status. This was again funny...I just wish I was videotaping sooner!
That's right...she did say, "It looks like somebody chewed on it!" I know, it is hard to tell because we were all laughing so hard! You probably just had to be there! Beautiful Utah Desert. This is our totally awesome bishop! Don't you just love his colorful, happy, outfit? Me and the Bott sisters! I love these two! I always feel like I am just one of them. Getting ready for my tube ride! This is Ryan, our wonderfully dedicated boat driver. The boat was just so much fun! Loved it! Me out on the tube! This is one of my favorite tubing pictures of Lindy and Kyle.
This is a tubing video of Lindy and Kyle. I didn't get a great one, I would always stop before something cool would happen. We really did have so much fun out on the water. This one is about 1 minute long...I was hoping I was going to catch something else cool...but it never happened.

Joshua and the lizard that he found. He was so nice and cute. Me and the Lizard! This is Carl in our Bishopric. He brought this really cool wig. Our bishopric is so awesome. It will be a sad day when they are released! This is Brother Brown and a girl in our ward with a natural fro. :) We went out to play in the canyons. The sun was beating down on us! Sorry, I have alot of pictures like this...I just think it is beautiful. We had a beautiful swim in the nice water...it was much cleaner than by our camp. Me in the beautiful canyons of Lake Powell! I love it here! I am in love with Lake Powell. Such a great vacation. And it is SO beautiful. We had to get going back because it looked like there might be a big storm coming in. The ride back was a little crazy with the rain and wind and waves, but it was still fun. Our camp was destroyed from a wind storm when we got back to camp. Almost ALL tents were flattend with poles broken. We were told that the same storm would roll through again. We were encouraged to go home. Later we were told by those who had to stay because they couldn't get their boats out of the water that the night ended up being beautiful! We were a little more squished with one extra person on the way home. Doesn't Josh look comfy?

4 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

I love Lake Powell! It is SO beautiful. And SOOOO fun. But any lake is fun really as long as you've got some tubes and a wake board. Oh, and fun people to be with always helps. :)

Julie said...

We were there at the same time! Did you see boatloads of kids? That was us! We got caught in the same storm on Friday afternoon. We got all the kiddies out of the boats before the wind hit, but we got hit with the wind as we were walking up the boat ramp. Not fun. I had to rip off my swimsuit cover-up to shield Emma's face! The guys had a horrible time getting the boats on the trailers and I'm STILL crunching on sand! And yes, it was a beautiful night after the storm. I'm glad you had fun...love the pictures!

Brookie said...

We saw lots of kids! Don't know if it was you guys though! :) We camped at stanton creek. I think I have all of the sand out of my teeth, but my muscles I didn't know I had are still a little sore!

Strong said...

Looks like a great time!